Sandakan - Good Taste Restaurant
Friday, February 17, 2012 // 0 comment(s)

On the very last day of my trip to Sandakan recently, we had the famous Yu Kut Teh and Bak Kut Teh that is a must try here. Well, if you know me well I've been to Sandakan too many times but have not actually heard of seafood teh (fish kut teh) before until the boyfriend kept asking me to try it because apparently he loves it so much and tried it the last trip he was here. He even took pictures of the articles on the walls along with the contacts and sent it to me! 

Anyways, my uncle is familiar with this place so off we came to Good Taste Restaurant to try out their famous, none other than their seafood teh fish kut teh (is that how you even call it? that is how you call it. ) since in Kota Kinabalu and most other states in this nation we only tried Bak Kut Teh before. Of course, this shop do serve Bak Kut Teh still for pork lovers but I still prefer the original ones back in Jesselton ( Gaya Street , KK ).



This was in the morning around 11am , super packed with humans waiting for tables and for most, happily enjoying their food. That's my mum! See how happy she was ;D lol !


like I said, this shop is famous and was featured in seriously a lot of magazines and newspapers that the articles are enough to fill up the four faces of the wall and I have never seen any restaurants / cafes featured in so many before , this place is proven to be really that good :)



Their unique seafood dishes features dishes like fish slices kut teh and prawn teh which comes in two types of soup. A strong pepper soup which is the dark color soup as shown above and the lighter in taste yet sweet soup which is the white soup as shown below. Personally, I liked both of it, but I love the lighter one the most, it complements the sliced fishes really well.



Another dish that is a must try is this super soft, easy to peel off skin called "Nai Mang" according to the chinese . I am not sure what is the name of this fish in english but I know its a poisonous kind of fish but it is alright to take it in small quantity , and surprisingly it is very good!


The rather normal Bak Kut Teh in my opinion, like I said I still prefer KK's one as compared to this because I love the taste of the herb soup in KK's one better :)


Besides these dishes, of course they also serve pig organs and drunken chicken and prawns dishes. 


 Must try dishes! Each bowl of the Yu Kut Teh and Bak Kut Teh cost about RM 8 - RM 12 per bowl. 


and of course, various types of vegetables!



Their daily business hours - 8am -2pm , 6pm - 9pm

Good Taste Bak Kut Teh Restaurant 
Lot 5, Block D, Bandar Nam Tung, 
Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia.
Tel: +6089 615 899
                                                  

Labels: , , , , , ,

Post a Comment